Daintree Coast Website
Daintree Coast is committed to providing our website users with the highest levels of service, including the protection of members’ privacy.
How personal information is collected
Daintree Coast collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information such as via email, through our contact form or via phone.
- directly from you when you sign up as a member on the website, submit a directory listing, job vacancy or event.
- from publicly available sources of information;
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by Daintree Coast in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts where applicable;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Daintree Coast will never disclose your email or personal address details to other parties and you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any marketing or information emails which we may send you from time to time.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Now for the legal stuff...
G.A HEGGIE & S.K HODGSON (ABN 60486314936), trading as Daintree Coast and Digital Spice, its affiliated businesses and subsidiaries (collectively, “Digital Spice”, “Daintree Coast”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operate the daintreecoast.au website, including jobs board, events calendar, blog posts and directory.
Under the AU Act, “Personal Information” is defined as: “Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
1. Personal Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect, transmit and store Personal Information about you in connection with your use of the Services, including:
• Basic user and account information, including your name, address, email address, and telephone number;
• Details of the products and services you have purchased from us together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services;
• Any information that you provide to us, including through the Services, from customer surveys, your online presence or other contact points with you from time to time, through Digital Spice / Daintree Coast representatives, via email, telephone or otherwise; and
• Any contact information provided (including Personal Information) as well as any feedback, when you provide Digital Spice / Daintree Coast with unsolicited feedback or otherwise interact with Digital Spice / Daintree Coast.
Digital Spice / Daintree Coast collects Personal Information in one of three main ways:
(a) Directly from Individuals, when they interact with the Services or Digital Spice / Daintree Coast;
(b) Passively from individuals, when they interact with the Members features or Digital Spice / Daintree Coast; and
(c) From third parties in connection with the Services in certain circumstances.
We use that Personal Information to provide the Members features functionality, fulfil your requests, improve the Members features quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Services and Members features, personalise your experience, track usage of the Services and Members features, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Services/Members features, display relevant advertising, market the Services/Members features, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Services and comply with legal obligations.
Even when We do not retain such Personal Information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
2. Cookies and similar technologies
We, and third parties with whom we partner, may use cookie, web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash, advertising identifiers and similar technology (“Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Services/Members features. We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as authentication, security, preference settings, advertising, measurement and analytics.
Cookies may contain unique identifiers and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit Personal Information about you and your use of the Services, such as your browser types, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have interacted with, and the date and time of your use.
• Processes: Intended to make the Services/Members features work in the way you expect. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
• Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of Personal Information or options that we think could improve your use of the Services/Members features. For example, we may use a Cookie that stops us from showing you certain notifications if you have already seen it.
• Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Services. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Services. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security setting. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. When is my data shared?
B. Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Services/Members features, such as communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Services, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing and other functions. We share Personal Information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
C. Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share Personal Information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on our Services/Members features. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or interacted with advertisements.
D. Businesses listed on our Services/Members features: We may share Personal Information from or about you and your use of the Services/Members features with businesses listed on our Services/Members features. Additionally, if you contact a business through or in connection with your use of the Services/Members features, we may share with the business, information about your contact that the business would have received had you contacted them directly.
E. Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose Personal Information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
F. Links: The Services/Members features may link to third party-controlled websites, like a business’ URL, however, we do not share you Personal Information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
G. Third Party Integrations: If you sign up for, or log into Services/Members features using a third party service or link your Services/Members features account with your account with a third party service, we may receive Personal Information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Services/Members features, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service. Some of our web pages utilise framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party partners, while preserving the look and feel of the Services.
4. Data retention
To the extent required by applicable law, we keep the Personal Information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable time thereafter to comply with applicable laws.
The Services are intended for general audiences and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from individuals under the age of 16 or such other age as may be directed by applicable law.
We use various safeguards to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the circumstances where Digital Spice / Daintree Coast suffers a data breach that contains Personal Information, we will take all necessary steps to comply with the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme outlined under the AU Act. This means we will immediately make an objective assessment of whether a breach of Personal Information is likely to result in serious harm to individuals, and if this is the case, endeavour to notify the affected individual(s) and the Australian Information Commissioner.
Please note: Any data breach is unlikely to cause harm as we do not retain personal ID numbers or financial details and only request information that is likely available elsewhere online about your and your business.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by sending an email to the email listed below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Daintree Coast requests that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Daintree Coast will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process. After Digital Spice / Daintree Coast has completed its enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
7. Managing your Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your Personal Information, including the right to access your Personal Information and the right to request that we correct, update or delete your Personal Information.
You have a right to access and request the correction of any of Personal Information we hold about you at any time. Any such requests should be made by directly contacting us at the details set out below. Digital Spice / Daintree Coast will grant access to the extent required or authorised by Applicable Laws and will take all reasonable steps to correct the relevant Personal Information where appropriate. Digital Spice / Daintree Coast may charge Individuals a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. Digital Spice / Daintree Coast will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your Personal Information.
8. More information for EEA, UK and Switzerland consumers. If we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our Services, communicate with you in relation to our services, or for our other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, to analyse and improve our platform, engage in marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the specific information concerned and the context in which we collect it. We, however, will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for instance, to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services).
Whilst Digital Spice / Daintree Coast strives to provide all individuals with appropriate access and control over their data, individuals covered by the EU GDPR and UK GDPR are also able to:
• Prescriptively restrict, limit or otherwise provide instructions to Digital Spice / Daintree Coast regarding how we can use their Personal Information. This includes being able to object to how and why their Personal Information is used, for example, by the removal of their consent for particular functions. If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent;
• Verbally request the erasure (i.e. deletion) of their information (subject to any legal requirements obliging us to retain data for a period of time); and
• Request Digital Spice / Daintree Coast provides all Personal Information held about them in a portable format, meaning in a way that is structured, commonly used and machine-readable. Individuals who exercise this right to data portability are also able to direct Digital Spice / Daintree Coast to transmit this data to other entities who they intend to allow to process their Personal Information.
Digital Spice / Daintree Coast will allow and assist Individuals that are EU or UK Residents to exercise these rights, unless we have compelling and legitimate legal grounds not to (e.g. a legal obligation under Australian legislation, or if the Personal Information has been fully anonymised).
8. Contacting Digital Spice / Daintree Coast
The Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. Digital Spice / Daintree Coast will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner. Digital Spice / Daintree Coast will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing (which includes electronic communication via email) of the relevant determination. If you are not satisfied with the determination you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
Attention: Gemma Heggie & Simon Hodgson
G.A HEGGIE & S.K HODGSON (ABN 60486314936)